Monday, April 1, 2019

I Thought This Was Just an April Fool's Joke

"America would run out of avocados in three weeks if Trump closes the border"

Steve Barnard, president and CEO of Mission Produce, a major fruit and vegetable importer, went on to say that the California market won't be ready for market for another month.  Adding to potential avocado deprivation syndrome.  To which I say, "Huh!  If this were Super Bowl season when the avocado demand hits peaks there'd be riots in the streets."  I would add that fern-y  restaurants would burst into floods of tears if they have to take Avocado Toast off of their menus.

As bad as all of this is, the border shutdown may curtail tequila coming in.  Just before summer margarita season.  Virgin Margaritas?  No!  No!  The horror! Wine instead of tequila is an abomination to the Gods of Bacchus!  Ban them!

I have an alternative plan - every would-be immigrant has to bring an avocado and a bottle of tequila with  them.   And THEN bust'em and send them back home.

The more I look at this, the more I suspect it IS an April Fool's Day joke.

No comments: