Thursday, January 26, 2017

Save Your Sanity - Don't Watch the Oscars

The 2017 mess has been labeled the 89th Oscars!  WOW!  with much fanfare.  It has long been my habit to remind Himself that I will be watching it, drinking and commentating with some gusto.  This is the one night of the year that I consider "must see" TV.  No, not since the first broadcasts, silly - they didn't have TV then!  Or me.

My girlfriends back in the day would all gather at one or another's apartment and have a rip-roaring good time speculating on who was drunk (us after the first hour) who was high on something not prescribed by their doctor, social gaffes and outrageously bad taste outfits.  Believe me, we all looked forward to this night despite never remembering anything about it the next morning. 

Comes now the 89th.  And with it comes great division between our two great political parties.  Several "Hollywood stars" have taken it upon themselves to lecture the rest of us re voting choices not favorable to their party.

The last thing I need is for some know-nothing to lecture me on what I should do or think or both.  I don't take direction as they certainly seem to do..  Movie stars are graced with one talent - acting - and are largely unaware of anything outside their world.  This is fine.  Just don't have the audacity to stand up and deliver an opinion.  Yes, we are all entitled to them, but I wouldn't expect a brain surgeon to give me his thoughts on roller skating, if you will. 

I would say stick to what you do best (and that applies to every single one of us) and leave the politics out of it.  Boooring.   

No comments: