Monday, February 27, 2017

What They Ate After the Oscars and Other Vital Matters

Chef Wolfgang Puck is once again catering the Vanity Fair magazine post-Oscars doolally.

Oddities from his menu - I didn't bother with mac and truffles or bacon-wrapped dates - so 10 years ago.  Really!  What were they thinking?

Gold-dusted popcorn - great addition to a resume, "Oh, I held a gold-filled shaker over the popcorn at the Oscars party." 
24-karate gold-dusted Oscar-shaped chocolates.  There will be 7,000 of them for your dining appreciation.  I have to wonder with all of the gold if "the stars" aren't in reality getting free dental work -  gold-filled cavities? 

Lobster corn dogs
Taro root and shrimp tacos
Oscar-shaped matzo crackers with smoked salmon
Baked potato and caviar

For the full menu - in very small type - Google  Chef Wolfgang Puck + Vanity Fair.  It is an extensive menu and I think that if you ate just one bite of everything being offered, you'd be as full as an egg.  Let me know how the lobster corn dogs worked out, okay?

*****

The "My Turn" column in today's Daily Breeze:  "Lenten Offering:  The Top 10 Best Films Starring Jesus" by Don Lechman

No comments: