Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Later - Rainy Afternoon

I could easily get used to having rain more than once or twice a year, if that.  It alternately patter-patters  and thud- thuds! on the dome of the skylight.  The tree branches below the balcony wave seductively and it is a pleasant sight whenever I look up from my book.  

 The cats all woke up around 3:30 p.m. have been fed and are apparently considering going back to wherever they were sacked out and resuming position.  They have blank looks, typical of their species.

No power outages (and none expected) and nuked popcorn goes very well with a book. Since no store-bought popcorn ever has enough butter, I melt and add a judicious amount.  A few cranks of the sea salt grinder and it's ready to eat.

The streets are quiet.  We won't hear sirens until people start leaving their work places.  This rain has been heavy enough at times to wash some of the oil on the roads away but not nearly enough to permit high speeds on them.  Which 95 per cent of the drivers on them will disdainfully ignore and text in a reply to the latest message.

All in all, am reminded of the Robert Frost poem about driving through woods on a snowy eve... something like that... "But I must be on my way."  Or words to that effect.  The bliss part is:  I don't!



No comments: