Tuesday, November 4, 2014

The Midterms in Redondo Beach

Traditionally the local vote here is consistently disappointing.  Frankly, I don't know why more people don't get up off of their languid asses and VOTE.

Yes, I did show my passport amid cries of "Oh, that's okay, honey, you don't have to show photo I.D."  I said, "I'm making a statement."  Poll worker, "About what?"  Me "That I think we should show photo identification ... (sly smile) to help those voters who get confused and try to vote several times."  Gust of laughter from poll worker.   

As we were leaving, a poll worker we've had before was arriving.  He was clearly a veteran - erect posture, shirt tucked neatly  in and the right age - who said, "Thank you for voting."  It brought a tear to these stony old eyes. 

I asked about the vote turnout and the poll worker said, "It's been very busy this morning."

Perhaps the tide is turning ...

No comments: