Saturday, September 25, 2021

We Just Missed the Bank Robbery

This from my cousin Indiana Doug dateline 9/24/21.  When I printed it out to blog it many of the  the end of the sentences weren't there.  Doug very kindly gave me permission to edit around the situation.  Just so you know.

"Yesterday afternoon, wife Melanie and I were supposed to be at the bank branch at 4:30 p.m. to sign some paperwork.  Melanie was a little late from work about 4:18 p.m.  Melanie then said she had to potty herself (Cousin Doug uses Bathroom yourself) Needless to say we weren't going to be there at 4:30 so I texted the bank manager that. On the way when we were able to go we saw several police cars running with lights and sirens in several directions.

When we arrived at the bank there were two police cars parked in the front lot to protect the neighborhood behind the bank.  

As I pulled into the drive we learned that bank had been robbed at gunpoint and apparently a shot was fired we later heard.

We drove around to the back of the building and I called the branch manager  to see if everything was all right. She was clearly distressed, saying that the robbery had occurred just a couple of minutes ago.  Everyone was very scared.  But she said she'd make an arrangement for our business next week.

I called my brother (a bank VP) to tell him to contact the branch manager and counsel her and her staff.  There were several customers in the bank and several in the drive through. We, too, would have been in there if Melanie hadn't needed to potty.  She later told me that the advantages of potty-ing were obvious.

Update  The robber was caught within 24 hours"

The Take 

$33,000  taken but only $700 as recovered of last night.

No comments: