Monday, August 31, 2015

Two-fers

The Loneliness of the ... Walker

I didn't realize it until yesterday afternoon when in rapid succession, "Raffish" arrived from San Diego and gave me a chaste peck on the cheek.  We usually greet each other like a pair of lunatic soccer players whose team just scored a goal - massive bear hugs and pounding on each other's backs.

Right after that, we arrived at John and Angie's for a bbq lunch.  John waved from across the room.  Angie and I managed a ladylike hug and exchanged air kisses.  Their 5 yr. old daughter pointed at the walker and said, "What's that?"  I said, "it's my cage - I'm a wild animal!" and growled.  She laughed and ran away.

Maybe some of this stand-offishness is my own fault?

An Extremely Easy Pasta Recipe

And I love it.  Cook up as much spaghetti as you think you'll eat - drain and put in a bowl.  Liberally douse with olive oil, sea salt and pepper, toss and eat.

No comments: