Monday, August 10, 2015

The Pole Dancing Championships - Right Here in Redondo Beach!

(Regular readers already know I am not nearly inventive enough to make up this stuff.) 

Next weekend the Redondo Beach Performing Arts will host the above.  There are four categories of competition - women's professional, men's professional, artistic professional and lyra which is "movement inside an aerial hoop."

I am familiar with female pole dancers in as much as Richie and I have occasionally ventured into the now-gone Golden Goose, which featured them.  We amused ourselves by watching and rating them while slurping beer in large paper cups.  I once interviewed a pair of rocket scientists (TRW or equivalent) there for the sole reason that distracted by the ladies, they answered unhesitatingly all of the questions I was doing for an article.

What I have never seen is a male pole dancer.  In fact, it never occurred to me that they even existed.  Taking a major leap of faith here, I now assume that they would be for the delectation of other males.  We have only ever been in the Dolphin (straight friendly) locally or the Crest, Long Beach, where it is prudent to take a male friend in with you.  Neither has a pole. 

I am now curious, but loathe to pay $25 for the dubious pleasure of attending the guys' championships when I can undoubtedly Google "male pole dancing, South Bay" and get a couple or three beers for my $25.

polesportorganization.com   for the details

No comments: