Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Move Over, Kid - They Make Them for Adults Now

Ever since I first saw a little kid wearing light-up shoes, I have gazed enviously at their darling little feet watching  their every move as they run from Mommy  with a handful of candy or danced with Daddy and just in general, had a hella good time.  How much of this bliss can be attributed to light-up shoes and how much to the natural enjoyment of life by a kid?  Your guess is as good as mine.

But, every time I saw a pair, I wanted me some!  Little kids get spoiled on a daily basis by doting family.  My motive is not that selfish (or warranted) I just wanted to see what they looked like on my feet.   I would finally have something of interest on a casual basis.

Comes now the LA Times Sunday Travel Section.  On the back page they often run three or four "aids for travelers" compromising mostly various types of luggage, neck pillows, etc.

That day it was Power Spurz which are horseshoe-shaped glow-in-the-dark neon-looking lights which clip around the heels of your running/training shoes.  The ankles - where they clip on - are thoughtfully padded.

My has arrived!  Admittedly, sort of.  The Power Spurz emit a steady beam; they didn't appear to flash.  I'm easy to please; fine with me.  They're close enough for hand grenades and horseshoes (which they closely resemble.)

They come in orange, green, blue, and maroon-ish.  Prices range from $8 to $17 and they all look identical as to shape, manner of fastening, etc.  The manufacturers have thoughtfully included extras - a dog leash, arm band … you could get all lit up like Santa at Christmas in his favorite stop-hydration station.  ("Bar" to us.)

Also useful - I saw a female bicyclist on a dark street wearing a double row of those little Christmas light necklaces that you can set to flash or not.  Make a note for December - or probably Halloween when Christmas goods begin their annual surge for sales.

But for the moment, hie yourself to amazon.co  It also occurs that a party store might have Glo-Sticks which could be wrapped around your wrists or ankles.  Why didn't I think of that much, much sooner.

No comments: