Friday, November 16, 2018

Bad Weather and (Probably) Worse to Come: Timely Correspondence From Our On the Ground Reporter

My cousin, Doug Vermillion, in Indiana is our correspondent from his catbird seat in lovely Anderson.  Aside:  a family motto - "Keep nepotism in the family!"

Breaking:  We are having ice, freezing rain, sleet and snow here today.

Sidebar:  A suitable poem from a high school classmate - totally appropriate for this kind of bad weather - and yet, delightfully educational for all who read it and want to know a little about weather in the mid west.  With no further adieu …

It's winter here in Indiana
Where the gentle breezes blow
At seventy miles an hour
While it's thirty-five below

Oh, how I love Indiana,
When the snow's up to my butt
I take a breath of winter air
And my nose gets frozen shut

Yes, our weather here is wonderful
So I guess I'll hang around
I could never leave Indiana
Because I'm frozen to the ground!

No comments: