Saturday, October 27, 2018

Betting, Seeing and What Happens Next in the World Series

Friday Night's game:  18 innings, 7 hours, 20 minutes.  That is a helluva lot of beer, hot dogs and peanuts just to sustain life for this marathon.  

But hark!  If you are a glutton for punishment, there are still tickets available for tonight's game.  The odds are that it won't be as long lasting as last night, but here are some ticket prices.

Top deck row F  $615.
Infield loge $1,009
Top deck 4, row L $1163

Speaking of odds, I can't figure out "the book" in Vegas or anywhere else.  All I wanted to know was a straight bet:  Dodgers vs. Red Sox; Dodgers 5, Red Sox 3 or equivalent.  

You're on your own on this one.  And I would welcome your input if you already know how to bet and are laughing at me or are just as confused as I am - what was Red Sox +135 Dodgers -145 about?  

All I can say about all of this is:  thank God for a good book and a full bottle of wine.  If tonight is anything like last, I Will Need Them. 

No comments: