Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Beating Medical Red Tape and Protocols

My GP refused to renew my prescription for the cough syrup, relaying word that he would have to  see me before allowing it because codeine is a Class 5 opiate.  The first opening was WEDNESDAY! Yesterday was Monday.  Unacceptable.

So I screwed up my brain and did this.  Because a doctor had to see me, I went to Urgent Care, RX in hand, waited my turn - incidentally 3:30/4 p.m. is a good time to show up there - too early for the 5 o'clockers; and kids that were treated when school got out around 2:30 had been treated and were gone.

Dr. Hana Kim saw me, a very congenial lady, wrote the RX, I took it to the in-house pharmacy; got it filled and we went home and I had my first dose.   And spent the rest of the evening blowing my nose which however annoying, is a positive sign as the guana - something -  dissolves mucus  and it had stepped right up to the plate.    Guana-something sounds like guana to me and that is bat shit.  So I refer to it as "the batshit cough medicine."  It could be real bat shit if it worked! Dissolve it in water and belt 'er down!

So, happily, all's well that ends well.  Incidentally a major cough and laryngitis are the symptoms of a virus that it going around now out here.  Wash your hands!  I don't care if you're in Hawaii, reading this and laughing at me.  Germs travel with no regard for destination. (ahem)

No comments: