Thursday, July 22, 2021

The Absurdity of Lingual Over Use.

I'm referring to the  extreme  overuse of "racist!"  Example - My cousin in Indiana reported that he heard  about this interchange between a male customer and a female server. The customer asked for a dollop of whipped cream on top of his coffee, please and she said, "O that's racist!!'  and turned to her various urns and hissing machines and huffed away.  This interchange befuddled both my cousin and me.

How about this?  Eating Oreo cookies means you are a racist!

Then all of a sudden the word that shamed and horrified was no longer in much use.  I (and my cousin) were happy.  But no less mystified.

Be careful what you wish for was rarely truer.  And what's the new blame-it catch phrase?  "Climate Change."

I expect to hear things like - your toilet's tank is empty because Las Vegas gets all of the water in their vast pools  and don't overlook the Mirage fountains .

The power outages are a result of all the lights used in   Las Vegas signs. . Astronauts have remarked on the beauty from space  

Stay home and play board games with the family    If you just have to have money, I recommend" Left Right Center."  You'll need $3 in quarters in your bank but  that cuts your losses in Vegas very easily.  $3 being the max you can loose@   And by staying at home you are saving our planet for our precious chilllldren!

No comments: