Sunday, September 13, 2020

Of Note? - Or Not


New York gets a moment in 1788.  The Congress of the Confederation authorized  the first national (what there was of it) election declaring New York City the temporary capital.  I don't think they ever got over it.  They still think the Big Apple is the boss of everyone.

The Pope, of all people came out for fine food and sex.  Now one of those receiving the papal endorsement struck me as odd.  The sex part.  No details please, but since he is widely considered to be chaste, I wondered where that came from.  Further research discovered that we should eat well to keep and maintain a healthy body (to serve God and the church?).  Sex is still mainly for propagation (to add new members to the clergy?)

I was impressed at the great view he has of St. Mark's Square but I bet tourists are not allowed anywhere near that balcony.  Pity - great photo opp.

More if or as they roll in.  Have a great day!

No comments: