Thursday, September 24, 2020

How The Hell Did Ruth Bader Ginsburg Wind Up In Arlington?

 More to the point how did her husband precede her ?  He was a very good lawyer; he also taught Law in various universities, such as Harvard, to name one.  But I saw no mention of any military service that would (as far as I know) qualify him.  

There are only four deceased Justices buried at Arlington - William Howard Taft, Earl Warren, Warren Burger and William H. Rehnquist. Only three U.S. Presidents went to the funerals.  Apparently it is not a mandatory "thing" for Presidents to do that.  

Justice Scalia, who died February 13, 2016, drew an enormous crowd.  A photo accompanying his rites shows that the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception was filled to the rafters.  In life he had been a devout Catholic. 

But no answers to the question of both Ginsburg's burial at Arlington.  I could speculate that the original paperwork to do this was a reaction to one of her  bouts with cancer when the outcome of the disease was problematic.  Not that I grudge the space for them.  Simply sheer curiosity on my part.  If you know, tell me in the Comments block.

No comments: