Thursday, August 24, 2017

Sadly Disillusioned ...

Early evening, 8/23/17
I had spent the day in a haze of euphoria - "And the Best Blog Is: Word of Mouth" was ranked 4.6 stars out of a total of Amazon-issued 5 stars.  I also spent a good part of the day advising my nearest and dearest of this amazing (couldn't resist; should have) news. 

As evening gently came down, so did my spirits.  I am a practical person.  Euphoria drifted away as that pragmatic person (me)  realized that amazon.com is in the book-selling business.  They are hardly going to award a book (or writer) with a half or one star.  That would not intrigue the potential buyer to act with alacrity to buy the book. 

So I stood in the middle of the dusty old road to Enlightenment  and watched Reality jump up on the Practical wagon, gently flap the reins on the  Common Sense horse and plod away. 

And I finally got over myself. 

No comments: