Monday, October 5, 2015

Online Buying Bliss

Knowing I am going to need warm sweaters for Paris in January (average temperature daily is @ 30 degrees) I went shopping at Nordstrom Rack.com for them.

I found the sweater of my dreams - a turtle neck with -- wait for it!  Leather epaulets!  It's a streamlined version of the shooter's sweater where the epaulets continue down to  form a pad for the butt of a rifle or shotgun.  Richie remembers them from Navy big shots; I remember them from a Frenchman, who undoubtedly never fired a gun, "but the image is all!"

So I bought it.  It arrived today and it is 100% triple ply cashmere!  Thick, warm cashmere!  I'd never imagined that as the epaulets blew me right straight to Check Out.

That was this morning; this afternoon I went right back to the site to see what other colors...and it seems that I bought the last one (in a sort of dark green moss/fatigues color.)

Not sure which is the most pleasing ... I scored the last one! or I got my epaulets!

ON SALE which is probably - no, surely - the best part of all.

No comments: