Thursday, September 25, 2014

Oh, No! Here She Comes with the Figs Again!

I'll be brief. 

Richie brought home more fresh figs and when I screamed, he said, bewildered, "But you said you like figs?!"

I sighed, finally got around to doing something with them and that was to wash them and halve them, and put them in a jar for the refrigerator.

I remembered them when I had leftover cheese ravioli in  Alfredo sauce and tossed a couple in along with some pre-cooked cubes of pancetta.  Quite tasty!

Yesterday at Trader Joe's I came across boxes of Fig & Olive Crisps.  Reading the back of the box, I learned that figs and olives have been eaten together for "thousands of years."  They are small bites of what could have been thin, toasted slices of baguette, dotted with both fig and olive chunks and they go so well with Carambazola cheese that it's almost obscene.  Very definitely got added to the "What to feed company" list. 

No comments: