Saturday, January 26, 2019

The Irish Sweater

In 2006 when we took a tour of Ireland (Dublin to Shannon) I fell in love with Irish knitted sweaters and bought a zip, hoodie example in cream color.  Since it was knitted, the wind blew in and what looked warming wasn't.  So I went to the fabric store and got them to line it in heavy white satin.  Problem solved.

Then, still in love, I went to theirishstore.com and bought a crew neck pullover.  Toasty warm; more tightly woven.

The Irish Store took to sending me catalogs.  I had to have the white sweater with a high neck and a zipper.  Reasonably priced as well.  

I ordered it October 17th of last year.  Promptly enough, I got a sweater from them.  It was the clone of the crew neck, folded in a drawer.  I availed my self of the free return - except that their Website was screwed up and I couldn't get the return section to work.  Numerous es flew back and forth between Norah, in Customer Relations and me.  Not getting any satisfaction, I took it all down to A.I.M, the UPS of our neighborhood.  The guy there solved their Website on my computer.   Away the package went.

I gave it two weeks to get there, be counted as returned and start all over again.  I re-ordered the one I really wanted when all of this began.  That order was dated January 2, 2019.  The sweater finally arrived Jan. 25, 2019.  Exactly what I'd ordered - and I promise you, sweating bullets when I opened the package.  

This whole deal has aged me more than the sweater will over the years.  But do admit that I'm stubborn.

No comments: