Monday, March 29, 2010

Being Mean...

"I Loved, I Lost, I Made Spaghetti" by Guilia Melucci Grand Central Publishing 276 pages $23.99

Melucci is a proud product of Brooklyn. She must be nearing 40 because her age seems to be a state secret and I've looked. While she's lived with a least four men (didn't finish the book) for periods of up to four years, she's never succeeded in marrying one of them.

She prides herself on being a very good cook and loves nothing better than cooking for the insert-name-here currently taking up space in her life. I read carefully (to about the halfway mark) and came to the conclusion that she's one of those most dread creatures -- a smotherer!

Interspersed in the story line are a number of recipes. Consider the personality of a person who writes a 276 page book about how she can't keep a man. Yes...a very long read from someone who can't learn from her prevous mistakes. And I really hate when that happens.

No comments: