Friday, August 5, 2011

Auntie's Busy Day

First of all, I had an 8:30 a.m. appt. with the nurse-practitioner. My regular doctor was out-of-town. I am a writer and writers don't DO 8:30 a.m. appointments. But that was the only time she had. Here is what I had to say about that afterwards.

8/5/11
TO: Tony, "Raffish"
From: Nina
Subj. Dog Bite

I saw the Nurse-Perky this morning and confirmed to my satisfaction that she doesn't listen to a word I say.

She said the wound was coming along very nicely after only two days of meds. Then she said, "You're a 71 year old lady (sugary smile) and I don't want to lose you!" perky hair flip. So tactful! I was awed -- at her insincerity.

I'm supposed to see her next Wed. (a thought that ruins my whole weekend, if I let it) but if it's back to normal, I can call in and cancel. You can consider that a done deal. I might not be able to restrain myself next time.

Given the fact she doesn't listen to me, had to call the pharmacist back and change a Rx because he wouldn't fill the one that might have killed me - I have to wonder which doctor in the practice she's boinking.

Letter to the Editor, Daily Breeze 8/4/2011
Smoking Ban in Manhattan Beach

Dear Sir:

As I understand this, Councilpersons Wayne Powell and Amy Howorth both had parents who died of smoking-related diseases.

Thus, they feel it necessary to punish several thousand complete strangers by spearheading a "No Smoking" ban on the Manhattan Beach Strand.

I would suggest therapy for their guilt/grief problems rather than fining anyone with the temerity to light a cigarette in Manhattan Beach.

Sincerely, etc.

Richie and I went to the Palos Verdes Library book sale this morning and scored some good stuff - you'll be hearing about these books later. On the way to the Hermosa Beach Farmer's Market, we stopped for lunch at Fatburger. Hot news! They now make a Small (as opposed to Medium, Large, and Extra Large!) It's slightly bigger than a slider and just the right amount of hamburger. You can eat more onion rings this way!

No comments: