Saturday, August 29, 2020

East or West; Home Is Best.

I was discharged from Providence Little Company of Mary Hospital yesterday around 2 p.m. 

I would be leaving behind horrible food; isolation until I got a roommate who'd had an emergency appendectomy apparently in the night.  All of the rooms are dim with one window each - our view was extra ambulance parking space.  May I say less than amusing?  

Due to lingering anesthesia I couldn't make any sense out of my book.  But I tried.  

The food:  this will sum it up - dinner choice of macaroni and cheese.  At the supermarket pick up a box of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese.  Ghastly!  I tried to hand it off to Richie, the Omnivore, but he wasn't having any of it.  I lived for three days on Jell-O and Italian gelato. 

Due to The Virus, no visitors at all except Richie and thank God for him!  

But:  for dinner tonight, Himself is making his famous meatloaf which I love.  

Until then, off to walk up and down our hallway - that's a specific order.  Walk as much as you can.  Even though it hurts like a bastard.  

No comments: