Monday, July 18, 2011

The Eye of the Beholder

This is the photograph I bought at the Hermosa Beach Art Walk on June 12th. It caught my eye because of the subject -- I'm a sucker for beach grass and this depiction looked just like the Hamptons to me.

Richie grew up on the North Shore of Long Island, so I thought this would make a charming memento. I mentioned this to the artist, Siep Bueneker, who then directed me to the writing on the mat -- it was shot at the beaches of Normandy, France! So much for the Hamptons.

But it's a double souvenir anyhow -- you can squint and think of the Hamptons or you can turn your head and see the beach at Loctudy, south of the Normandie Beaches, where our dear friend Michelle has a summer home.

Visit Siep and see his shots at FabPhotography.com

No comments: