Saturday, January 1, 2011

Soggy Confetti on the Barroom Floor

Resolutions, Anyone?
I wonder how popular the old "New Year's resolution" is today? Given the instant gratification most people seem to want, it may well not even exist any more. In that spirit, all I can say is that I hope my pants button as easily a year from now -- and then work my butt off to make sure that happens.

Age Appropriate Behaviour
A friend of ours is devoting the afternoon to watching bowl games. He's a fanatic about the UCLA-USC game and his wife reports he barely goes to the bathroom during one. A neighbor, who turned 50 not too long ago is a rabid Nebraska fan. I can understand being a fan while you're actually attending that school, but ... 30, 40, 50 years later???

I saw a 30-something guy skateboarding down busy Pacific Coast Highway. I'm sorry, son, skateboards get put away when you're 16 (and can drive legally) unless you have absolutely no other means of transportation and lack bus fare. Otherwise you're just an organ donor, waiting to happen.

Black-Eyed Peas and Hoppin' John
Both are considered good luck things to eat in the South on New Year's Day. Richie and I went one earlier and (I think) better. We went to Joey's Smokin' BBQ yesterday in the Manhattan Beach mall and ate pulled pork sandwiches, baked beans and cole slaw! (Joey's Smokin' BBQ has been reviewed previously. )

"You're Fired!"
I'd love to say that to Kathy Griffin who co-anchored the Times Square ball drop last night with Anderson Cooper. She's not funny, she's mean spirited (like a bullying little kid) and really irrelevant to the event.

Note to Self:
When you're wearing Ugg boots for house slippers, it's cold in your house. #746

No comments: