Saturday, February 27, 2010

Various

This is blog #461.

While the entire coast of California is under a tsunami warning, we are not in any danger immediately, if ever. If - God forbid - the tsunami does hit some part of Hawaii, etc. I think that will dissipate its force. If it misses Hawaii (to be devoutly wished) then it will take at least a couple of days to get here. Knowing nothing about tsunami's speeds, this is just a guess. (And knowing nothing about the subject never stopped me from writing about it anyhow.)

Most of all -- there's a helluva lot OF California coastline.

A Pair of Warriors Talking It Over
Woman #1: I got my test results back -- you?
Woman #2: On the spot on my lung? Not yet.
#1: I've got pancreatic cancer and the doctor gives me 3 to 6 months. If yours are more than 6 months, you come see us but if yours are less than 3 months, I'll come see you.

This conversation's tone was calm, practical and realistic. The person who related it told me so. I can't tell you how much it impressed me. These are practical women! They are a lesson to us all in bravery, courage and above all, practicality!

No comments: