Monday, May 11, 2009

Book Review

"I'm an only child, which means I was overprotected. My tricycle had seven wheels. And a driver."

"Men who have a pierced ear are better prepared for marriage. They've experienced pain and bought jewelry."

"My last credit card bill was so big, before I opened it, I actually heard a drum roll.'

"When you get older, you really appreciate sleep. It's the best of both worlds: you get to be alive and unconscious."

"I Still Have It ... I Just Can't Remember Where I Put It" by Rita Rudner. Harmony Books $23 251 pages

It's an amusing read, full of her thoughts on important matters such as ordering from catalogs, reality television and looking for the perfect retirement house. Rudner was born (or so says wikipedia.com) 9/17/1953 so she's not that old.

Her title got me to wondering if I still have "it." After a careful assessment, I can tell you my eyes are still a dark blue. Gravity is waging a successful war -- the mammogram tech makes me keep my bra on -- she said the machine can't get that close to the floor. I've even added things to the original "it" - marionette mouth (think Mortimer Snerd) and an assortment of wrinkles in unlikely places. I've still got "it." Just somewhat re-arranged...

No comments: