Thursday, February 12, 2009

When You Want to Know, Go to a Pro

Yesterday's funny martini charges...

So I wrote to the Queen of Troutdale who is a professional bartender about it. She wrote back, "It's only one of two things -- the "dirty" and the "up" adds an extra dollar, which, in turn, adds another two reasons. One they're adding olive juice for an astounding extra charge and/or two their computer is screwed up and adding an extra dollar for the "up" which can happen from time to time. And it was well! (bar brand.) I'm surrised you didn't challenge it.

On the other hand, the economy is so bad that anything goes ... it's sad, isn't it? The bar I work at charges extra for juices because we have to crack them out of a can instead of shooting them out of a gun. It costs more, but tastes better. I find this unacceptable. But that's just me. I don't own a business and in times like this, unacceptable is strategy. It's an ugly Catch 22 if you ask me. A dollar is a dollar and I would definitely ask about it next time. All dollars are the same."

No comments: