Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Better Than I Could Do

Which is the Website that explains root canal treatment  - animated-teeth.com

It is a step-by-step explanation of the root canal treatment.  If you are at all fearful, I can really recommend it.  Among other things, it explains why the oral surgeon treating me, held what looked like a fat tomato pincushion studded with short-ish pins with a bead on the dull end.  It's a strange sight … the mind wanders, "Is she sewing something  in there and she has to baste it?"

No, it's a bunch of vertical files to get at every tiny nook and cranny in the affected tooth.  Painless, let me add.  In fact, the whole procedure from opening your mouth to removal of the rubber "dam" that keeps your mouth open is painless.

The only thing I would (and did) complain about is having your head tilted back for two hours.  The neck does not like this at all and protests by stiffening up.  Once you are out of the chair, your neck pops back to normal in no time at all.

If this is the worst thing that happens ...we're doin' good.  That was the only remotely painful thing in the whole procedure.  I nodded off to sleep several times.  If that isn't pain free, tell me about it!

Thank you Manhattan Dental Care Studio
1101 Manhattan Beach Boulevard, Manhattan Beach, CA
310-870-1101
mdentalcares.com



No comments: