Thursday, May 2, 2019

Hit the Liquor Store for Bourbon; Raid the Neighbor's Yard for Mint - It's Kentucky Derby Time!

Then cozy up to the big screen and admire the ladies' hats.  A direct steal from Ascot, by the way.

I'm  sucker for a grey/gray horse and there are three of them running Saturday!  Despite the fact that a gray named Giacomo won the 2007 Derby and none others since then, it could be argued that my cup runneth over at three entries this year - Tacitus, Roadster and Gray Magician.

As many of you will remember, I err on the frugal side in matters gambling, even I am going to wager $2 on all three of them to Place or Show.  This vast outlay of cold cash is quite atypical of me of whom many have jeered, "You're too tight to squeak - sure you can afford it?"  accompanied by sneering laughter.

Sticks and stones … water over the dam … say what you will, I'm going to do it!

And, Jeopardy James, tonight if you gave us a tip or two, it would be much appreciated.  You do represent yourself as a professional sports bettor... put your money ($1.5 million so far) where your mouth is.

No comments: