Saturday, May 18, 2019

Be Prepared - What Witticism Will You Contribute on Your Deathbed?

You know that Oscar Wilde gave it some thought - his last words were:  "Either this wallpaper goes or I do"  The wallpaper won.

Winston Churchill, totally being himself, said, "I'm so bored with it all," went straight in a coma and died nine days later.  One can only wonder if a comatose state was more interesting?

Groucho Marx, "Die my dear?  Why that's the last thing I will do!"  Hardly profound, Groucho.

Humphrey Bogart (ruefully one assumes)  "I should never switched from Scotch to martinis."

This is sad …John Belushi and Chris Farley - both of these men died saying the same thing after extensive encounters with drugs and prostitutes... "Don't leave me!"   they pled.  Only to watch (if still capable) the door close behind the prostitute and drug dealer respectively.   As they left them.

Frida Kahlo remarked rather petulantly if you ask me, "I hope the exit is joyful and hope never to return!"

Beethoven's last request of his fans, "Applaud, my friends; the comedy is finished."

Jimi Hendrix wrote almost a paragraph and his message was:  "The story of my life is quicker than the blink of an eye.  The story of love is hello and goodbye until we meet again."  Place of meeting unspecified.


No comments: