Wednesday, February 11, 2015

New on the Menu

It's become a nice tradition.  Periodically Richie's brother and his wife fly out from Long Island to see their daughter and her family.  They come in to LAX, we pick them up and we scamper over to Tin Roof Bistro, Manhattan Beach Shopping Mall, for lunch.  They are especially fond of the soup and half a sandwich deal.   I was particularly fond of the Fig and Pig pizza.  Yesterday I was disappointed momentarily when I saw it was gone.

But:  taking its place was something equally good in the pizza line.  The Date Pizza is:  mozzarella around the rim area of the pizza, with a center of mascarpone dotted with chunks of Nueskes bacon and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar to finish the dish.  If there were diced dates in this concoction, I never found them.   Big enough to cut into eight slices, I had two for lunch, two more for dinner and have three left over for lunch today.  Yes, I know that's seven but one was a very large slice.   Clearly I'm not high maintenance.

Oddly enough the fact that Trader Joe is now offering 8 oz. bags of trimmed radishes, ready to eat strikes me as "high maintenance."  Trimming a bunch of radishes is child's play.  Save
your 99 cents. 

No comments: