Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Zut, Alors!

Loosely translted, this French expression means "Drat it, then!"  But I am using it in the full "hellfire and damnation!" mode. 

What has set me off today?  The use of the letter "Z" instead of an "S."  I have to wonder about the intellectually-challenged who use or who read "Shooz!" or "Girlz" and think it's perfectly fine.  Or worse, "cute." 

After being annoyed by such as "Boyz" (generally followed by "in the hood") for some time, what finally upended my apple cart mentally was an invitation to go bowling at an alley named "Pinz."  If the owners had just named it "Pins" it would have made their point and would have been just as jaunty (if bowling could be considered jaunty at all) as the overworked use of a "Z" when an "S" would suffice.

I may have to cool off with a nice pint of Dolce de Leche which is a sweet, vanilla-flavored ice cream with a thread of butterscotch running through it.  It's the finest kind of anger management treatment.   I recommend it.

No comments: