Thursday, May 30, 2013

Overheard Conversations

Recently I had a nice little tantrum about exchanging a "z" for an "s."  Driving west on Pier Avenue yesterday, I spotted a sign on a store that nearly made me rip my hair out.  The store's name is:  Nu Shuz.

Richie sunburned his forearms down in Cabo - bright red, swollen and seeping.  In the doctor's office I was amused to hear the good doctor's chat at chairside. 

Richie:  I just can't understand why this happened.
Doctor:  Buddy, you need to stay out of the sun between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
Richie:  And another thing...
Doctor:  Talk to me!

I'm pretty sure that when he isn't  doctoring, he's leading a gang.

This morning we marched up to the desk, I.D.cards extended.  The clerk smiled at us and said, "I've got you" and then when a pair of women (clearly identifiable as women) walked up to his his desk, he said, "Hi, guys - how're you doing?"

No comments: