Sunday, May 19, 2013

Quirky Sunday

If we have been well-behaved as well as somewhat industrious all week, then we "deserve" some fun on Sunday afternoons.

We quite possibly have nothing in paticular to do on a Sunday and all day to get it done, so here are some sites and tastes that I have discovered that amuse me.

Google "The Restroom Cultural Park" and see for yourselves the establishment (?) that sits in Suwon, South Korea.  The building is shaped like a toilet seat and the grounds are dotted with bronze statues of people mounted on toilet-shaped bases.  I am not smoking crack and I did not make this up.

TheStainedApron.com 
You will discover exactly why it is a very bad idea to give a waiter/waitress a hard time.  Servers are a mighty particular bunch and it pays to be kind.  In spades.

FlightsFromHell.com
Exactly what it sounds like - passengers exchanging tales of horrifying and/or funny flights they've had the misfortune to have been passengers.

SurisBurnBook.Tmblr.com
This site bills itself as "A study of Suri and the people who disappoint her."  Suri, daughter of Katie and Tom Cruise is a precocious child who basically hates both of her parents.  Her critiques of other children's wardrobes are scathing.  Since it's a snide site, I like it. 

We must never overlook an opportunity to use our taste buds.  I recently discovered Trader Joe's Italian Truffle Cheese.   It is a faintly sweet, quietly earthy taste (often attributed to truffles) and a mouse-sized nip of it with a ripe, sweet cherry is very good.  If you miss the cherry season - and I've been told it's going to be a shorter season than usual - try the cheese with bites of a Trader Joe Triple Ginger Snap.  I realize these sound odd, but I found them to be very good. 

As one of her Christmas presents, my sister sent us a bottle of gourmet balsamic vinegar.  It is thicker and sweeter than peasant (?) balsamic.  We're running low now and as I studied it (on a mozzarella-no-marinara-sauce)  bite, I realized that if you bought a big bottle of regular balsamic and reduced it by half -- you'd have "gourmet" balsamic vinegar.  Sounds like an easy-enough Sunday afternoon project...maybe next week. 

No comments: