Monday, March 25, 2013

Poor Mondays..

They seem to be the redheaded stepchild of the week.  Many of us have had a relaxing and fun weekend.  And Monday?  Back to the grind. 

In an effort to distract you from the Grim Reality, here are some lines on aging from a book called "What's So Funny About Getting Old?" by Ed Fischer and Jane Thomas Noland  Meadowbrook Press  $7  Unfortunately, the pages aren't numbered. 

"Middle age is when anything new you feel is most likely to be a symptom."  Laurence J. Peter

"Setting a good example for your children takes all the fun out of middle age."  William Feather

"Middle age is when the girl you smile at thinks you are one of her father's friends."  Henny Youngman

"I have everything now I had 20 years ago -- except now it's all lower."  Gypsy Rose Lee

"I'm so old I was born back when nighthood was in flower."  Anon.

"I'm so old my prom date was Fred Flintstone."  Anon.

"I'm too old to take turns."  Anon.

Palm Beach bumper sticker:  When I get old, I'm going to move north and drive slow."

"I used to dread getting older because I thought I would not be able to do the things I wanted to do, but now that I'm older, I find I don't want to do them."  Nancy Astor

More Nancy:  "I refuse to admit that I am more than 52, even if that does make my sons illegitimate." 





No comments: