Saturday, March 9, 2013

Dressing the Pope

I read that the garmentos who make the Pope's schmattas have creatd three identical outfits in Small, Medium and Large for the incoming Pope.  Very thoughtful of them, but it made me wonder what they will do with the two rejected outfits.  Put them in zippered bags and hang them in a closet somewhere safe for the next Pope?

And the scarlet shoes.... the Pope is the only person in the entire Catholic heirarchy who is permitted -- nay, ordered --to wear them.  This naturally inspired me to a personal poll of men that I know.  They were all asked to respond to the question, "If the Pope's scarlet shoes were available in your local department store, would you buy a pair and wear them?"

As the responses trickle in, I will tabulate them and report back to you.  Should you like to be included, please send your response to   racebookwriter@aol.com    

No comments: