Sunday, April 10, 2011

Potpourri

The Thinker
Sheila (friends for 46 years) sent two things of note from her home in Israel. The first is a quip by a man billed as "Scotland's Greatest Thinker." His mother calls him Billy Connolly and this is what he said: If women are so good at multi-tasking, why can't they have a headache and sex at the same time? (drumroll)

The Gardner
Her other message concerned cucumbers. Snails and slugs be gone! Take an aluminum pie pan, cut up some cucumbers, smoothe cucumbers over the pan and pit it out in your garden. The pests will vanish because the cucumber meat reacts with the aluminum and emits a reek that the bugs can't stand. So they leave to escape it. Happily, we can't smell it.

The Cobbler
I was delighted when my new pair of Sperry Topsiders arrived yesterday. But I put them on this morning and discovered the same problem that I had with the second pair. The stitching near the big toe cuts into a bony part of my foot. So I did the same thing as with the second pair. Take a Band-Aid, put the pad over the offending stitches and stick it down. Happily the leather is deerskin which I know to be pliable and soft. It's all gonna be better tomorrow.

The Researcher
I feel sorry for Zsa Zsa Gabor. Poor old bitch is 93 (or 97 depending on whom you believe), has lost both legs, has been pretty much insensate since the early 2000s and is married to a publicity whore (male variety.) So every day I go check on her via Google. Somebody still cares, Zsa Zsa. As of today, she's still on this side of the grass.

The Questioner
Yesterday, I was in a site that had a connection to another that looked interesting and before I knew it, I was 'way off the beaten path. I'm sure this has happened to you as well. It was politics and I was genuinely surprised to see how many people seem to positively despise Michelle Obama. Nasty comments about style (none; '50s housewife,) diet controls on children and grown-ups(how much does she weigh?) But the best was from a correspondent that wanted to know if she thinks she's the cat's meour in the looks department, how come no old boyfriends have surfaced to dish her? How come there's no nude photo of her like the one of Jackie Onassis on her private island beach? How can you despise someone and still want to see them stark naked?

No comments: