Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Tooth #15

Yesterday I had a dental appointment for a cavity in Tooth #15.  To save you time, upper left, second tooth in from where your wisdom tooth used to be.  I think.  May be third tooth in.

All went smoothly and then it came time for the grind your teeth against a piece of blue paper to show where the tooth doesn't fit as well as the original with the matching bottom tooth.  Or at least that's how it used to be when I rode the family dinosaur to the dentist.  Thought I tried hard, I could not remember the last time I had a filling done.

I was curious about whether this antiquated - surely?! - part was still being done.  So I asked rather diffidently about it and the dentist held up a clamp holding a strip of blue paper!   She was laughing like hell, delighted at being able to exhibit that, yeah, good things never go out of use.

No comments: