Friday, March 30, 2018

Change in the Sofa Cushions

I don't hammer you readers to buy my book! too often, but this is how far I will go to make it successful.  Spend some of my own money!  I know - shocking news from Nickle Nose Nina!

Our local paper, the Daily Breeze, has decided to make some gelt by offering 3 in. x 3 in. sticker ads which are placed on the paper's masthead every morning.  They are usually for such mundane, but necessary firms such as plumbing, contracting, etc.  I'd never seen a book ad, so why not?

This is the copy that will run on Wednesday, April 25th which is also my birthday so this is my present to myself.  $1,400 worth of present.  But:  the buy order is for 25,000 subscribers in the beach area plus Torrance.  This is not as bad as it looks - it is $0.05 per person.  Math is by no means my strong suit.  In fact, as a "suit" that would be a Brazilian bikini.  Scanty. 

Be that as it may.   

"The axe forgets, but the tree remembers" is a saying I ran across and (obviously) adored.  It is an African saying along with "Be not so proud, rooster - you were once only an egg."  

Here endeth today's philosophy lesson.

SPEND A LITTLE - BUY MY BOOK!  IT'S ONLY $12, SURELY YOU CAN AFFORD IT - I ATE THE $1,400!

No comments: