Saturday, May 17, 2014

Locals - Out and About on a Saturday

First - go to the Hermosa Beach Friends of the Library book sale at 1309 Bard Street (ambulance side of the HBFD.)  Tremendous bargains!  Browse to your heart's content and then amble around the corner to Ardmore and the Hermosa Beach Garden Club's annual plant and bake sale. 

If you time the above, just right you will get to the bake sale in time for the wonderful lemon bars.  Four bits of ecstasy for 50 cents! 

Then count up the money you have saved and go to Target. 

MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT  Breaking...
There was one plate of lemon bars and it was gone before I got there.  I looked at Pat (a friend from a volunteer program we both work for) and said, "Well, my life is over..." and turned to leave - to gales of laughter.  But, dammit, it wasn't funny!  I was too dishearted to pout.  Sullenly I sulked back to the car... Next year, we get here when it opens!

No comments: