Thursday, July 30, 2009

Tid Bits

Today, ladies' locker room, our gym: a wall-mounted soap dispenser that read "Dial Yogurt Aloe Vera Soap - for Thirsty Hands!" So ... Indians put it in their hair; we wash our hands with it?

A Good Read: "Faces" by Martina Cole Grand Central Publishing 502 pages $24.99
Cole has written 4 previous books and I'll be looking into them as well. The first that I read was called "Close" and it was a riveting account of an East End London crime family. "Faces" covers a similar family, but in a different time period. Cole's style is similar to the late Frank McCourt's "Angela's Ashes" and equally well limned.

Die, Fruit Fly!
Normally I am against killing any living thing, but in this season of fresh fruits on the kitchen counter and a husband who believes that closing a screen door blocks the breeze... I go against my nature and put out an old soup bowl filled with: 1 T liquid dishwashing soap, 2 T sugar and fill 'er up with water. I've mentioned this before, but it works! "Jack the Giant-Killer" has nothing on me. I gloat at the daily body count.

No comments: