Friday, July 5, 2019

Hot Dog Update

Richie's old friend Sonny - they used to clam together - sent us a link to yesterday's contest.

Joey Chestnut is very much the reigning king of hot dog scarfing with yesterday's score of 71.  Astute readers noted that his personal best was 74 in 10 minutes.  Not content with dominating the playing field this retired construction manager, San Jose, CA, also holds these titles:

Most gyozas - 381 in 10 minutes
Most hard-boiled eggs 151 in 10 minutes
Personal-size pizzas - 7.5 in 10 minutes.

A competitor in the past has been a woman called Sonya (the Black Widow) Thomas.  Newsday did not explain this soubriquet.

Miki Sudo, a pretty blonde, is gaining on Chestnut and apparently beat him to championships in short-form ice cream - 16.5 pints and Kimchi 8.5 lbs.!

KIMCHI!  Garlic-laden, salt driven, gas producing kimchi.  I love it and am to date the only person I know that will eat it.  I don't understand that, but more for me.  A glass pint jar is $8 so it's just as well. If only someone else like it, I could sell small dishes and get my money back.  Ah dreams of greed...

No comments: