Monday, May 25, 2015

Like Sitting on Air

Thinking I was developing a pressure sore/bedsore/decubitus (after 40 days of sitting on my butt reading) I made an appointment with the Wound Care Clinic.  There I was told that yes, but it was superficial and the therapist put on a light bandage.

When I mentioned that I'd been using a donut pillow, she said, "No! No those are just for hemorrhoids!  Let me give you a pressure cushion" and scurried off to get one.

She unpacked a wheelchair-sized cushion with air baffles and quilting.  The idea is that the pressure of your body channels the air inside equally making for an "air seat."

They are waffle cushions and you can see what I'm talking about at ehob.com

Don't think of waiting until you have a medical condition to use one.  Any hard surface where you have to sit for any length of time?  They're tailor made.

The stands at kids sporting events

Coach on Air France (composition of an AF seat - one bare plank, daintily covered with two sheets of Kleenex with the seat fabric stapled across)

Any meeting with folding chairs

And you will feel as though you just settled your derriere upon a benevolent cloud.


No comments: