Monday, July 14, 2014

Test Driving the New Navy Dress

The Jazz Club was not necessarily my venue of choice, I would have preferred Ports O Call's Sunday champagne brunch, because I wanted bigger audience to dazzle.  I wanted more people whispering, "Who is that mysterious siren? in discreet tones as I swanked past

Work with what you got, right?  I donned my 4th of July flashing light necklaces to celebrate Bastille Day (today) and no one noticed the navy dress upon which they rested. 

But that was okay; that audience was just fine and I did get out the message on the necessity of celebrating Bastille Day.

And I also discovered something I had forgotten - it is easier to pee in a dress.  Hike up, pull down (business) reverse and repeat.  The last time I wore a dress was August, 2012, at the wedding in France so understandable how I could forget.

We decided to have a bite at Hudson House and accordingly, off we went.  We'd ordered drinks, gotten them and put in our orders - brown sugar ribs, French fries and, "Oh, could we have the mixed nuts and olives with our drinks?"

We sipped and chewed contentedly.  Then here came the French fries, courtesy of a male runner.  He never even saw me. I was too far below on his radar.   

He was 'way too busy talking to Richie!  "Hey, you haven't been in for a while - where ya been?" and other such pleasantries.    Richie in shorts and a rugby shirt attracted more sexual interest than I did! 

Am thinking about taking the dress back ...

No comments: