Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011 Is SO Over!

The Lake Superior State University puts out an annual list of words that are being banned for further use. I looked through it and here are my banned words/phrases from that list:

Amazing!
Baby Bump
Occupy (anything)
The New Normal
Pet Parent, as in referring to one's animals
Ginormous!

And, from my personal collection -- "Actually" when used as an agreeing phrase. A says, "There are 400 billion rabbits in New Zealand" and B. says, "Actually, there are 500 billion in Australia."

All of the emoticons - :) I am well able to read moods and emotions via the printed word. Feeling you have to (literally) draw me a picture is ... offensive.

"LOL" Laugh Out Loud is still okay with me because that shows that you're teasing the other person. H/T (hat tip) is also okay as a shorthand version of "Thank you for this."

But you can take such as ROTFL (rolling on the floor laughing) or LMAO (laughing my ass off) and store them where the sun don't shine!

No comments: