Friday, January 29, 2010

"If You Can't Say Something Nice (wagging finger) SPIN IT!

I think it's more often that a mother tells her daughter, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all" rather than a father OR a mother telling that to a son. Boys have much more important matters on their minds... baseball statistics, for one.

It occurred to me the other day to see if I've lost all of my mother's previous training ... and I can promise you, she would never think to add, "Spin it!" ... so here goes. My small attempt to brighten previously darkened corners of our world...

Mel Gibson, 54, is starring in a movie for the first time in nearly eight years. He said, humbly, "I'm just trying to inspire all the other AARP members not to give up! You can still be very active in your middle years!"

Comedian Andy Dick was recently arrested for sexual assault. He wondered, "Can't they just get 'playful'?"

Brangelina's various didoes: "It's not just charities any more -- we're trying to raise the bar on the hated oppobrium 'White Trash'!"

President Obama, one year after inauguration: "Hey, he makes good speeches!"

Al Gore and his stance on global warming: "Poor guy -- it absoutely unhinged him to be denied the Presidency!"

If you have others that I have somehow overlooked, add them! This column (snigger, snort) welcomes input!

No comments: