Friday, March 27, 2009

Interesting Possibilities

I had to buy a can of chipotles in adobo sauce for a dish I did. I got to wondering if it was possible to buy chipotle chili powder and during the next trip to the supermarket remembered to look.

Sure enough, Spice Islands Ground Chipotle Chili nestled in the spice section! Bought it, brought it home and began contemplating uses for it. Made spaghetti bolognese last night -- added a dash of it and it really brought up the "dark brown taste" of that sauce. Simply using it as one would black or white pepper seems like a good idea... I was toying with shaking it over freshly-popped corn but ....perhaps that would be overkill.

And wouldn't you know it -- the day after I bought the 2.3 oz. jar we were in Smart & Final, Iris and there sat the 12 oz. version (and I'm sure, ounce for ounce it would have been cheaper.)

Live and learn, ay?

No comments: