Saturday, October 24, 2020

Scattered Syringes or Overnighter for One in a Hospital

Torrance Memorial (Tor Mem) bills it's self as a luxury hotel with touches like room service food 24/7.


More later it's shower time.

SUNDAY

Speaking of  kitchens   It's not easy to call this fabled kitchen via phone from room to said kitchen.  The number is 22225   That number is imprinted on my brain because of my inability to get through to them or, for that matter, anyone else.  The nurse came to my rescue and why her and not me I will never know.  I was using the correct number.  

Finally through, I gave the voice my breakfast order.  It was "Crispy bacon and half of a toasted English Muffin, please."  Whereupon the dietician said, "We have a strictly limited salt menu," which translated to "no crispy  bacon for you Missy."

This on the heels of one of the doctors telling me I had a shortage of Sodium in my system (and potassium)  I remarked to the nurse that apparently no one had told the dietician.


However, I did get to taste something I'd never eaten.  It was mi-afternoon and Richie and I were conferring about a late lunch.  I saw an item (and attractive picture) of a "Southwest Quinoa Salad."   Never having seen let alone eat any of this quinoa stuff, either one of us, I ordered it.  For those equally as willfully ignorant as I had been, (health food?  Arghhh) quinoa looks like baby tapioca beads.  I couldn't discern any flavor at all, but Richie liked the salad dressing.  The lettuce - kale? was as fresh as a smart-aleck kid. Great points to them and the kitchen had added a couple of packets of the dressing which should be done in restaurants everywhere.  

Monday/ 10-26-20

Never let anyone give you a morphine shot and why.



No comments: