Tuesday, September 26, 2017

The Fire Hydrant

Being a reprint of correspondence between Richie and our Councilperson relating to an unused and unusable fire hydrant in our neighborhood and my guffaws when I read the Councilperson's response.  Every effort has been made to make the locale and the person involved undetectable. 

Richie to Councilperson:

About a month ago, I noticed that the fire hydrant on the corner of Wooly and Comforter had an Out-of-Service yellow rubber bag over it.

I called the Fire Department and left a message.  A day or so later, they e-mailed me, thanking me and stating that they will notify the Water Department.

As of 9/24/17, the hydrant is still Out-of-Service.  I don't know how important it is, but it must have some use in an emergency.  Not losing sleep over it, but something should be done by somebody to make it operational again.

Best regards, Richie Murphy

Councilperson's reply:

Thank you, Mr. Murphy.

I really appreciate you reaching out to the Fire Department and I will follow-up today with them as well.

Anytime you see something like that, always copy me.  I will keep the pressure on from the beginning.  (Remember we are dealing with a fire hydrant.)

Thanks again, please feel free to reach out to me anytime with thoughts, concerns and ideas.

Once I get some information, I'll reach back out to you.

Have a terrific day and we hope to talk soon!

Sincerely,
Nameless Councilperson from equally nameless District.



No comments: