Friday, January 24, 2014

If You Liked the Hamburgers, You'd Love the View

Richie's brother Charlie and his wife, Rosalind, were leaving for New York the next day and I wanted a water-view restaurant for pleasant memories to take home.    I presented various places to Charlie who said, "No - we've been there" to all of them.  Okay, I like challenges.  After we hung up I started thinking...

And the second floor deck of the Hermosa Beach Hennessey's popped in to my mind.  When I Googled the menu, I read that Tuesdays are 2 4 1 hamburger days!  Charlie would fall in love - a water view AND a bargain!

Hennessey's, at 8 Pier Avenue, is the last building before the sand on your left.  It's a tidy-looking building with a vast patio out front, a sizeable inside room and the deck.  Since the heavy plastic "windows" were drawn against the breeze, we elected to sit up there.  Ooh, joy!  The space heaters were on, too. 

Besides soaking up the view, we soaked up three margaritas ($22.50 and two huge beers  ($17.50) and $54.35 in food.  The tab came to  $94.35 plus a $20 tip. All four of us had a good meal, just the right amount of alcohol and beautiful views of the ocean and the Hermosa Beach Pier - all for $27.50 per person.

No comments: